1949-51 – the Student Sport Center of the Management of Academic Centers was lacated here
January 1951 – during the Conference of Biologists in Kuznice (PL), a decision to establish a Hydrobiological Station in Masurian Lakes was made
15.09.1951 – the Center was transfered to the State Nencki Institute for Experimental Biology in Lodz (PL). Andrzej Szczepański MSc. was the first organizer and manager of the Hydrobiological Station in Mikołajki.
1952-1953 – the first training courses for students of Warsaw University were held at the Station
03-05.09.1956 – a conference on the methodology of limnological studies of the benthic zone took place at the Station, attended by 45 participants from all over Poland
1960 – by decision of the authorities of the Polish Academy of Sciences, the Station was included into the Department of Ecology of the Polish Academy of Sciences